Some of our mini Hereford cows have calved recently. Some mini Hereford cows and their mini Hereford bull calves are for sale. Steer calves start at $600. Bulls and cows start at $1500.
The sire to all the calves in 2014 is our mini Hereford bull AMH Henry
Key advantages of breeding mini Herefords are:
- Mini Hereford cattle convert food consumed to body weight more effectively than conventional sized cattle (around 40% of the food intake producing 60% by weight of the prime cuts) and mature up to 20% earlier.
- Mini Hereford cattle are small, easy to handle and easier on your paddocks and dams – won’t pock those soft areas as readily as conventional-sized. Are bred for placid and ‘friendly’ temperaments.
- An evolving market for the end product (quality beef cuts) with existing infrastructure support (local breeders).
- The broad recognition and acceptance of the Hereford breed makes them very marketable and they are able to be registered with major international Hereford Associations.
- Mini Hereford cattle are no different to full size Herefords from the point of view of veterinary care.