Some of our mini Hereford cows have calved recently. Some mini Hereford cows and their mini Hereford bull calves are for sale.
The sire of all the calves in 2014 is our mini Hereford bull AMH Henry
Key advantages of breeding mini Herefords are:
- Mini Hereford cattle convert food consumed to body weight more effectively than conventional sized cattle (around 40% of the food intake producing 60% by weight of the prime cuts) and mature up to 20% earlier.
- Mini Hereford cattle are small, easy to handle and easier on your paddocks and dams – won’t pock those soft areas as readily as conventional-sized. Are bred for placid and ‘friendly’ temperaments.
- An evolving market for the end product (quality beef cuts) with existing infrastructure support (local breeders).
- The broad recognition and acceptance of the Hereford breed makes them very marketable and they are able to be registered with major international Hereford Associations.
- Mini Hereford cattle are no different to full size Herefords from the point of view of veterinary care.