These following miniature Hereford cows are for sale. They are all registered with Herefords Australia, so you can check out their pedigrees here
The many of the cows will be AI-ed later this month with semen from Boomer Creek Oscar.
- Boomer Creek Judy, bull calf at foot $2000
- AMH Dawn, $1500
- AMH Edith, $1500
- AMH Flower, heifer calf at foot $2500
- AMH Galaxy, $1500
- AMH Harriet, $1500
- AMH Holly, $1500
- AMH Henty, $1500
- AMH Hanna, $1500
- AMH Gertie, $1000
- AMH Grace, $1000
We also have a couple of young miniature Hereford bulls for sale.
- AMH Karl, tested PH, $1000
- AMH Karim, tested PH, $1000
Key advantages of breeding mini Herefords are:
- Mini Hereford cattle convert food consumed to body weight more effectively than conventional sized cattle (around 40% of the food intake producing 60% by weight of the prime cuts) and mature up to 20% earlier.
- Mini Hereford cattle are small, easy to handle and easier on your paddocks and dams – won’t pock those soft areas as readily as conventional-sized. Are bred for placid and ‘friendly’ temperaments.
- An evolving market for the end product (quality beef cuts) with existing infrastructure support (local breeders).
- The broad recognition and acceptance of the Hereford breed makes them very marketable and they are able to be registered with major international Hereford Associations.
- Mini Hereford cattle are no different to full size Herefords from the point of view of veterinary care.