We have a selection of miniature cows (some with calves at foot) for sale. Some of the cows are registered miniature Herefords and others are commercial miniature cows. Prices are listed with the cows. They start from $1000 for a miniature cow with a steer calf at foot. Registered miniature Herefords start from $1500 with a steer calf at foot. All these cows are now SOLD
How big are miniature Herefords really?
Most breeders will list either a mature frame score or current height along with an animal’s sale statistics. 114cm (45 inches) tall may not sound like much, but when you add 61 cm (two feet) of width, almost 450 kg (1000 pounds) of beef all wrapped in a hairy hide, they can be larger than you thought.
Miniature Herefords are roughly half the size of their Modern counterparts, but they are still cattle.
Miniature Herefords, which are a smaller chunkier version of the larger Hereford, like their larger cousins, have a good temperament, essential for a small block.
Miniature Herefords forage well and don’t seem to be affected too adversely by hills and the poorer feed that grows on them.
The conformation of miniature Herefords in general: should be:
- Chunky in appearance
- Close to the ground, expressed with short legs ( from the knee and hock to the ground)
- Entire animal well balanced and well proportioned, not appearing too heavy or too light in front or rear but slightly heavier in rear
- The bone structure not too small or too large but slightly heavier than light, giving ample surface for muscle attachment.
- Head not too large or too small but smaller than large, and showing masculine or feminine appearance
- The visible reproduction organs to be well developed for age.