Our Miniature Hereford Cattle at Australian Miniature Herefords, we are concentrating on bringing poll genetics into our mini Hereford lines at the moment. Poll mini Herefords are exactly the same as miniature Herefords (still registered by HAL), except the animals have no horns.
- Photos and pedigrees of our miniature Hereford cows can be seen here
- Photos and pedigrees of our miniature Hereford bulls can be seen here
How big are miniature Herefords really?
- Most breeders will list either a mature frame score or current height along with an animal’s sale statistics. 114cm (45 inches) tall may not sound like much, but when you add 61 cm (two feet) of width, almost 450 kg (1000 pounds) of beef all wrapped in a hairy hide, they can be larger than you thought.
- Miniature Herefords are roughly half the size of their Modern counterparts, but they are still cattle.
- Miniature Herefords, which is a smaller chunkier version of the larger Hereford, like their larger cousins, have a good temperament, essential for a small block.
- A Mini Hereford will forage well and don’t seem to be affected too adversely by hills and the poorer feed that grows on them.